Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
The goal of the HDSA Berman-Topper Family HD Career Development Fellowship program is to develop the next generation of passionate and innovative HD scientists. This project is a three-year grant mechanism to provide support for young scientists to work collaboratively with their mentors and other committed HD health professionals to develop the fellow into an independent HD leader.
- The award provides up to $80,000/year ($75,000 salary and research support, plus $5,000 travel/education budget)
- Applications are welcome from young scientists/clinicians who are interested in a career in Huntington’s disease research or care.
- Applicants should be no more than 5 years removed from obtaining their PhD or completing their residency/fellowship.
- Applicants cannot have their own laboratory and must identify an individual who will serve as his or her mentor and supervisor.
- Open to researchers from around the world.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- Request for proposals published: December 6, 2022
- Complete applications due: March 17, 2023
- Scientific Advisory Board review: Early May 2023
- Notification of award: Late May 2023
- Fellowship start date: no later than August 1, 2023
The application has four main parts: Administrative Information, Budget and Other Support, Research and Training Plan, and Reference Letters/Institutional Approvals.
You may download the full 2023 Berman-Topper Fellowship RFP for more details on the program, eligibility, and terms of the award.
Questions about the Berman-Topper Fellowship may be directed to Dr. Leora Fox, Assistant Director, Research & Patient Engagement LFox@hdsa.org.
Questions about filling out the online application may be directed to Kelly Andrew, Coordinator, Mission & Research Programs, KAndrew@hdsa.org.
Click here to begin or resume your application.